Thursday, September 15, 2011

A day in the life of me!

So it’s time to talk about the main theme of my blog – marriage, motherhood, and more! Today is a good day! Please bear with me whilst I elaborate!

I woke up this morning to my baby’s sounds as always, she wanted to play and I wanted to rest. So I did the natural thing, I took her into bed with me to cuddle and let her play before I got my day started. I love hanging out with my baby girl, she’s fun to have around! So after at least a half hour of relaxing while baby played, I finally dragged the both of us out of bed and got my day started.

And boy did I have a long productive day ahead of me! It’s 12:55 as I write this and so far I’ve made stuffed peppers (spoiler-alert if my husband is reading this!), brownies are in the oven, and I made a Wal-mart run for some much needed cooking items. I actually feel beautiful today as my hair turned out great, I decided to dress up a bit, and baby is all pinked out today!

Why am I writing all this seemingly unimportant nonsense about my day? Who cares, right? Well, it’s the little things that make being a wife and mother what it is. I had fun making dinner and dessert (will be sharing that dessert as some of you know!) because it’s part of loving and giving. I take pride when I have success in my calling and hospitality and giving is part of that vocation. It’s not a ugly kind of pride, but the kind that says “Hey, I like what God has given me to do and I know I’m doing my best”.

So that none of you presume that I’m ‘Suzie homemaker’, my kitchen is an absolute mess and I’m sitting at the breakfast bar eating peanut butter M&Ms. But besides that, I just wanted to say – I’m happy today! I feel like I’m right where God wants me to be today doing exactly what He wants me to be doing – loving my family and loving my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment