Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Concerning Denominations...

I love Y'shua, I embrace Torah, and I'm thankful for the gifts of the Spirit and power. If that goes beyond someone's finite idea of a denomination, then oh well. I wont align my identity with a denomination. God didnt create division anyways. When it comes to denominations whether it's messianic or charismatic or others, I take the good and throw out the bad basically. I'm learning to do that with everything I learn though. I dont cut off a denomination because their theology is not exactly the same, in fact I dont identify myself any longer with any specific denomination either. This way I can be open to the voice of God within various denominations but I also can have discernment and non-bias when it comes to separating the good doctrine (and fruit!) from the bad. I think the problem when we align ourself so strictly with a denomination is that we tend to block out all the others and simply give them the blanket statement of 'your wrong!' which is dangerous because we ignore that God speaks to them too. We also risk becoming isolationists rather than working to bring His people (across denominations) to fuller knowledge of Himself and we risk being so close-minded that nothing is possible outside our denomination's 'borders'. But we must remember God put forth His Word and it is for all who desire to seek and know Him. Anyone who seeks God humbly can find Him, we musn't be like the Pharisees who make it even harder for people to know God and please Him because they have to fit 'our' mold or have the same 'revelation' we do at this time. We have to remember, it's not OUR Kingdom, we can't take ownership of it. It's HIS Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment