Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Morning Prayer

“I am the LORD; that is my name!
I will not yield my glory to another
or my praise to idols.
See, the former things have taken place,
and new things I declare;
before they spring into being
I announce them to you.” -Isaiah 42:8-9

Father, have we been so blind as to forget that You are God alone and that You rightly deserve all glory and praise? Have we forgotten Your goodness to us, Your many kindnesses and mercies? Have we forgotten the days where we've seen Your glory in powerful ways? No, I will not forget YHWH my God who has done many great things and who is worthy of all of me, all my love and devotion and obedience and adoraction. I will magnify my God yet again because my life doesn't matter except that I know my God and please Him. Let nothing come before the love I have for the One who has loved me with an everlasting love. Let no idol steal my affections. Let me place no evil before me. But let me live out my days simply doing my best to surrender to the great I AM. He is my everything that I could ever need or hope or desire. He is God my righteousness, my salvation, my deliverer, my healer, my teacher and guide, my comforter and restorer.

I know You're not done with me, I know there is more You have me to do, more You desire to show me, deeper I can go in knowing You. But don't let my days turn stagnant. But let me ever be growing in You in knowledge and character, in the fruits of the Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit. But above all, just let me experience You and know Your presence every day. Even when my days are hectic, even when disappointments arise and life isnt perfect, I know You are my refuge and I will hide beneath the shadow of Your wings. Even if its just a moment, I want to run to YOU before I run to anything or anyone else. Because I look to You from where comes my help, YHWH, the Maker of heaven and earth. I know You are near and I will call on You often. And in the busyness of this life, I know You are there and you see it all, so whether I 'feel' anything or not, let my life be pleasing to You and let my life give You glory in the big things and in the little things. In the consistancies of life and the surprises and changes too.

It's time to start my day, but go before me and be my God in this day and in every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment