Saturday, March 31, 2012

It must go back to this one truth...

No matter what we try to do or who we try to be, we in and of ourselves are not enough to 'make it' in the Christian life. I keep coming back to this one simple truth - it's He who completes us. It is HE who started the good work and it is HE who will continue and finish it. The other verse that keeps coming back to me is 'He will perfect all that concerns me'. It always goes back to him, the story always goes back to HIm because He is the creator of my being, the Initiator of this love relationship with mankind. No matter how much I try, I soon stumble and become dry. I keep forgetting that all nourishment and energy and power must come from the Source. It's like Y'shua said in John 15 I think it is, "I am the vine, you are the branches". I pretty much have to cling to Him for my everything in this life, from my daily bread, to carrying out His plan and purposes in my life, to living a righteous life. It has to flow from Him, from knowing Him and from coming to Him and calling on His name.

And not only do I need Him for my everything; I need Him to BE my everything! It's called a life surrendered and it's a daily moment by moment thing.

It's like someone in a hospital on life support, they are completely dependent upon it to live and function. From a medical standpoint, they will die without it. Am I this desperate to be connected to my Source? From a spiritual standpoint, my being fails within me and I dont realize it, but Im gasping for life anew. I think its why the Psalmist David says 'Do not take your Holy Spirit from me!'. It was a cry of desperation. I am crying out for the Living God. Because I know without His presence and power in my life, I am like a dead man and I am nothing. But it is in Him, I desire to live and to move and to have my being. It must go back to this one truth - Have Your way in me; I surrender my whole being to the Living God.

No comments:

Post a Comment