Friday, July 22, 2011

BiRtHdAy bLoG!

So tomorrow (or today depending on when you’re reading this) is my birthday and I will be a whopping 24 years old! In some ways, it just feels like another year to me. I mean, no big numbers there! I’m not the sweet 16, not legal 18, and even beyond the ultra-special age of 21. On one hand, I could say ‘It’s just another year!’

But I am excited about my birthday, maybe even moreso than last year and even though I’m not doing anything incredibly adventurous for my big day, I have great anticipation. I want this year to be different, I’m praying this year is different. I really don’t want it to be ‘just another year’ because I know that’s not how God sees it. Each year holds so many changes and occurrences, especially in the last few years. In just the matter of a few birthdays, I’ve been engaged, married, moved to another state, pregnant, miscarried, pregnant again, now with a 9 month old – all in the timespan of a few short years.

But I guess the big excitement and anticipation I sense for this year is slightly different. I have no idea what adventures or circumstances will come my way this year, but I do greatly desire to see the Lord’s purposes come to greater fruition in me. It’s not so much that I desire to move into something huge like full time ministry or anything like that, but I want to know by the end of this year that I’ve made definite progress in my spiritual life, specifically hearing from God and obeying God. Without going into a huge spiritual blog, I have narrowed down my main goals or themes that I’ve been running into the last few days.

The first is thoughts. I desire my thought life to be established and patterned after the Word – what God says about my life and life in general, about who I am, about what I should be doing, etc. I am really desiring to actually see myself move out of the sphere of fear into the sphere of love, His love; going from fear-based thinking and acting into a Love-based thought life and actions.

The second is the realization and application of YHWH as the “I AM”. He is who He is and that is good enough for me. He is everything I need, for this day, for tomorrow, for every day, and the rest of my life. And as much as I am praying for more of Him in tangible ways, I need to be faithful whether I hear from Him each day or after many days. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever and I will trust Him in that.

And lastly is something small, but unique that I thought of within the last maybe hour or so. Tomorrow I’ll be 24 years old. There are 24 hours in a day. I desire that the LORD order my life and my time according to His purposes in me. That when I’m at work, I’ll be doing it to the best of my ability for Him. And when I’m at rest, it will be in His presence. Whether I’m housekeeping, taking care of my child, cooking for my husband, doing some type of ministry, or simply resting – I do NOT want to waste time as I have so many times. But rather I am seeking to spend my time in a way that will best glorify Him, minister to others, and edify myself.
Anyways, I think that’s about all I have to say right now. As always, thanks so much for reading!

“Lord, thank You for another year. In this year, I pray You hear my prayers and fulfill Your purposes in me to Your glory, to bless others, and to develop Your changes within me. And I know that “He who began a good work in me will bring it to completion”.

[Added] Did I mention I have other goals that intertwine with what I’ve already stated above? I definitely want to diet consistently and lose my extra ‘baby-fat’! I also want to live out the golden rule – to do unto others as I would wish them to do unto me. This year sounds like it’s going to be a tough, challenging course with much homework and concentration, but it will be so worth it! I know I can’t do these things of my own willpower and strength, thankfully I have the comfort and aide of His Spirit readily available at all times prompting me, convicting me, guiding me, and always pointing me back to Him. Oh, I also would like to develop a much more developed prayer life including greater intimacy with the Lord and deeper intercession for the saints and the lost alike. I can't wait for this new year and new season! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment