Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fear-based or Love-based?

FEAR-BASED OR LOVE-BASED THOUGHTS
Let's think about thoughts for a moment! Recently I watched Dr. Caroline Leaf on Sid Roth and she was discussing how many diseases (both physical and mental) derive from our thinking and thought patterns that we've established over time. The good news is that we can fix the 'damage' that was done. It's too technical for me to describe in a mere blog, but she did have science to back it up. Now this isn't just 'positive thinking changes everything', but I do believe that renewing our minds with the Word is a similar concept. She also explained that our thoughts were either fear-based or love-based. I thought about it and she is really onto something. I mean, think about it! Insecurity is based from fears that we don't measure up or by comparing ourselves to others or by fear of something or someone! Pride is also typically derived from a false sense of identity but if we relied on the love and of the Lord, we'd be secure in who we are [and are becoming] in Him! Jealousy/covetesness is similar also, fear that we don't measure up or won't be successful. Even lying and deceit often comes from a type of fear, especially fear of conseqences. Anger too because we fear we don't have control of a situation (or person!). But what about love? God's kind of love produces a sense of worth, purpose, love for others, contentment and joy in His presence, wisdom and focus, etc. So from here, I really want to let the sponge of my brain soak up the Word of God - what He says about me, my situation, my purposes, etc. I wish I could touch more on this, but I have to go for now. But I want to leave you with a copy of the list I've been working on today! Be blessed and choose life n love!

 I am taking every thought captive to the lordship of Master Y’shua!
 I am strong in the LORD and in the power of His might!
 He has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power love and a sound mind!
 Now the LORD is Spirit and where the Spirit of the LORD is, there is freedom!
 Bless the LORD, oh my soul, and forgot not all His benefits!
 This day He has set before me life and death, blessing and curse. I will choose life that I and my descendents shall live!
 Life and death is in the power of the tongue!

(I felt the Lord speaking this to me one evening in prayer)
 There is a place just for me at His table!
 There is a place just for me in His kingdom!
 There is a place just for me in His heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment