Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Too Important Not To!

Today was so hectic...actually my life is always hectic anymore. It's not so much that I have a tight schedule and many things on my event calendar, but rather things have just been busy because of my baby girl. I love her to pieces, but lately it's been so draining! I find myself frustrated and not feeling like the real me.

I was able to have a good deal of down time with the hubby this evening. I really needed the break and the baby went to sleep fairly early. But when 10 oclock rolled around, it felt as though the evening had been wasted...and in a way it had. Most of the evening was spent watching TV.

When 10 oclock (yes, we adults have a bedtime too...although I'm still up obviously) came, we both agreed that the evening was pretty much a waste and that we really need to give God our evenings or at least a much better portion of it, preferably the firstfruits of our evening as able.

But I just couldn't let tonight be a total waste or I would have gone to bed depressed about life and disappointed in how it is spent. So we did have a time of prayer and repentance. Tomorrow is a new day, and His mercies are new every morning. I'm so thankful for that! I pray to God that tomorrow is different, not because of circumstances but rather how I handle my time and the challenging situations that [I know] will arise.

I am writing this entry honestly because I want to convey simply this: Don't let go of prayer time, don't relationship with God the last thing on your mind. This is just too important! Whether life is comfortable right now or life seems to be pushing you to the edge, we all need God in our lives. And when I say need, I mean NEED! It is necessary for His people to be filled with His Spirit if we're going to live victoriously, in wisdom, in strength, in joy, and in obedience. But how can we hear Him if we're 'too busy'? How can we say our lives are about Him, if really it's not. This isn't about condemnation, but about returning to Him, RUNNING to Him!


Father, I thank you tonight for Your love that forgives and renews us even when we fail many times. Your love keeps drawing us back to Yourself, into sweet fellowship with You. Renew me and refresh my life that I can serve You joyfully and that my heart is glad. But my heart IS glad right now. You hear our prayers and you are near when we call upon You.

No comments:

Post a Comment