Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Just a 'thumbs-up' for Marriage!

So the title of my blog is 'Marriage, Motherhood & More'. I'm thinking maybe I should actually start writing about these things a little! I guess I somewhat started in my last post. It would seem as though I will be writing sporadically, maybe skipping days and maybe writing multiple posts. It's my first day, so I'm exciting to start talking...err...um...blogging that is!

Well since marriage comes before motherhood, I'll write bout marriage first. I really don't have anything to say except that marriage is AWESOME! But lately it would seem there is such an attack on marriage in our society! It just doesn't seem to be the norm anymore. Instead of getting into all the things that are wrong with our society today, I'll just say that I'm routing for marriage! I know there's a lot of bitterness, confusion, and hurt surrounding the topic for many, but married life really IS amazing!

I'm no expert on the subject and I only have 2.5 years experience in that field but married life is such a blessing. I have to say that the closer we get to God, the closer we get to each other. As cliche as that sounds, it is very true. We've been through a lot together. Deployment, miscarriage, pregnancy, and raising our first child, all under 3 years! Our marriage isn't perfect, but it is solid. The love is there, the commitment is there, and yes still that sense of adventure even in the ordinary everyday living. It isn't always obvious, everyday isn't always great, but I'd get married all over again to the same man if given the chance.

Maybe someday I'll post how God brought my husband and I together, but for now I just wanted to blog a little bit for the sake of marriage!

Father, I thank you that You created marriage to be holy and wonderful and fun! I thank you for the godly husband You have given to me and I pray that my marriage both publicly and in private will glorify You!

No comments:

Post a Comment