Thursday, July 28, 2011

An Object Lesson - July 28, 2011

In writing this blog entry, I was almost as a loss on where to begin. I had nearly forgotten that I really wanted to remember a profound (to me at least!) concept I learned this morning. It is an object lesson of sorts. I was in conversation with an [unnamed] individual and was attempting to give specific instructions, but in the midst of my multiple attempts I was more than once interrupted with complaints and had to repeat myself several times. Though this minor incident hardly bothered me, it really did cause me to ponder something in a wider context.

So often we pray for the Lord’s direction in our lives and this is a good thing. We should certainly seek out the will of the Lord for our lives. But in doing so, are we waiting for answers or is it more of a series of complaints? You know I really do think we can be so busy complaining about where we are in life and what our current assignment might be that we unintentionally block out His attempts to give instruction and guidance. Or maybe we caught a glimpse of what He said and we don’t like it, so we keep praying hoping that the instructions are different. Hmmm! Maybe I’m just full of nonsense, but maybe I might actually be on to something here! Well, these are my thoughts for the evening. I’m sorry I have no kept up with my blog and my apology is more for my sake as blogging helps to clear my mind and refocus, so as always ‘Thanks for listening!’

No comments:

Post a Comment