Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Introduction/First Post

I can’t help but feel I’m missing out on something. Wouldn’t it be nice to travel the world? To do a mission’s trip and see crowds of people get saved? To be a part of something greater and more exciting than the little world I call my own. Let’s backtrack a little first.

This blogging thing is fairly new to me, so let me introduce myself. I’m pretty tightfisted when it comes to matters of privacy, so for privacy’s sake just call me “J”. I’m married to a wonderful, godly man (anonymously referred to as ‘Prince’ because that’s the pet name I gave him the day we got engaged) and a beautiful baby girl (affectionately termed ‘Flower’ here).

My interests are semi-lacking at the moment, but include photography, writing, and spending time with my little family. My political views I’m sure will come out eventually in this blog and as to religious views, I’m sure those will come out on here as well! But for now, I’d like to resume my first blog post…

Okay, now where was I? Oh yeah, I was mumbling about how I feel I’m missing something in life. I guess life is actually pretty amazing. I feel incredibly blessed to have a godly husband and a very cute and healthy baby. But I think we all get to a place where we feel life is boring or dry and we just want something new or easier or just plain different! Am I right? The day to day stuff can be downright frustrating!

But recently I found myself wondering, what if something tragic would happen and I were to lose the life I know right now. Life is uncomfortable and fairly uneventful, but if I were to lose it all and then suddenly get it back, wouldn’t I view my life so much differently? I mean, I’d be SO grateful to have this ‘unexciting’ life back, right? When it all comes down to it, everything I experience – my husband, my child, my home, my family, the little joys and little frustrations – it all makes up this thing called my life. And you know what, it’s not bad at all! Like I said, I’m incredibly blessed!

But at the same time, these things are great but they are not enough. As much as a change of scene (whether it’s just a coffee shop or traveling to another country) sounds just wonderful, that’s not what makes life fun and adventurous and meaningful. Life’s meaning can’t come from what we do, where we go, who is in our lives. It has to come from something so much more than this. My purpose, my meaning in life, and that big word ‘identity’, has to come from who I am in Messiah Y’shua. What does He want me to do? What or who does He want me to be? Why am I here? These are pretty big questions and I can’t answer those in fullness, no one really can!
But I can say this, I am married hence I am a wife. I have a child, hence I am a mother. Though these things do not solely define me, they are major aspects of my God-given purposes. If He just wants me to be a wife and mother for now, I am totally fine with that even on the days (which seem to be many) that I kick and scream (not literally…usually…).

I would like to do something I hadn’t planned on doing, I want to end my blog posts with a prayer. And this my prayer after today’s blog post: My Lord, I thank you for the life You have given me. I am thankful that I am blessed to be a wife and a mother. Help me to be the best I can be at this through Your Spirit, give me the joy and strength I need for each day. But I thank You most of all that I am Yours, may my life be pleasing to You! Amein.

2 comments:

  1. Hi 'J' ;-) nice blog, i hope there's more to read coming soon. I like that writing style :)

    Marius

    ReplyDelete