Thursday, July 14, 2011

True Love - It does exist!

Throughout the week, I keep coming back to the theme of the Song of Songs, I feel so drawn to this topic and in all actuality, drawn to Love itself. It is just so amazing that imperfect humans can experience perfect and pure love – true love. How comforting it is to know that the love of the King is gentle and compassionate, kind and patient, strong and steadfast, and it never fails!

The imagery of the Song of Songs is so intimate and so beautiful. But probably my favorite passage is the one which begins with ‘I am asleep but my heart is awake’ and she goes on to speak of how her heart pounded and she longed for him when he came to the door and thrust his hand through the latch. I love this! And the agony she feels when she finally gets up to greet him and he is gone and nowhere to be found. There is such a longing for him, such anticipation, and such anguish when he’s gone. This really speaks to be of the deep intimacy and fellowship that was intended to comes with being the Bride of Messiah Y’shua. He is not harsh and demanding, but He so greatly desires for us to commune with Him in the secret place of His presence. Human love and marriage is a great gift (as I can attest!), but it can never fully compare or come close to the beautiful romance of the Bridegroom and His Bride. In a way this love - it is a deep mystery, it is terrifying, but utterly intoxicating and wonderful and I desire this love with my King.

1 comment: