Thursday, July 7, 2011

Let's talk about Issues!

With all the news going on about this criminal and that criminal, it would seem that our society if filled with issues! The world obviously has issues, but what about me? What about you? What about us who are called by His name? Alls I know is we each have our struggles and temptations. I cant say my issues are any less than the next person or that his/hers are worse than mine. Issues are issues. Anything that pulls us away from Him is major, majorly bad! A trap is a trap no matter what it looks like. Sin is sin and it entangles us and weighs us down. We really have to be careful when we talk gossip about other people’s mistakes, sins, and addictions because we wouldn’t want to be so puffed up lest we become weak and blind, falling into temptation. Each person has to deal with his own sin issues. It certainly isn’t smart to use other people’s conduct as the measuring rod for our own conduct, but rather the word of God is the measuring rod or ‘plumbline’ as the Scriptures call it.

And another thing in the topic of our own sin and that of others. I learned a long time ago not to hold a forgiven person to their past, unless of course the past is still with them. We all need to be free in Him, that’s why we need salvation. I’m so thankful that I am saved from eternal damnation and separation from God to eternal life with Him. But I know I need to be ‘saved’ or rescued from the mistakes I make, especially those mistakes that seem to entangle over and over and over again.

My post looks rather preachy and not very coherent. It’s been a long day and I’m rather tired. I guess what I’m mostly trying to say is that we shouldn’t be worrying about the issues of the world so much as we do our own. But it is from knowing that we ARE dealing with our own issues that we can then have the ability to lead others to repentance. But first, let’s be right with God before trying to present God to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment